Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cleaning Up The Mess Harold Camping Left Behind

I went to church yesterday morning and was very glad to see that I wasn't the only one there.  I have no idea what I would have done if the rapture happened and I was "left behind."  I don't feel that I have to expand much on this fiasco that happened on Saturday.  The whole situation speaks for itself.  But unfortunately this event will be something that the church will be cleaning up for years to come.  Harold Camping has now become the poster boy for the church and I'm not very happy about it.  In fact, I agree completely with Kim Riddlebarger's blog from yesterday.  Below is a sample and you can read the entire short post here.

This, then, is why it is so important to expose this man for who and what he is--a false prophet, a schismatic and a kook, lest anyone think that Jesus will not return when we least expect it, to judge the world, raise the dead, and make all things new.  And frankly, it is sad that so many Christians expect non-Christians to do our job for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Calvin on the Unity and Distinction of the Trinity

"The Scriptures demonstrate that there is some distinction between the Father and the Word, the Word and the Spirit; but the magnitude ...