Wednesday, February 25, 2009

God's Accountability Partner

Yesterday I wrote about us as leaders being held accountable by God and by others. But what about God? Who is God accountable to?

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! 'Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?' 'Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?' For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." (Romans 11:33-36)

God is accountable to no one. He is the creator of all things and in the end every knee will bow before him and every tongue will confess that he is the Lord above all things. I deserve nothing more than spending eternity in hell, but he has given his own blood on the cross so that I might be forgiven and that his glory would be revealed to everyone around me.

God knows what he is doing. Though there are times in ministry that I wonder what he is doing I can stand confident that it is all in his planning. And that gives me comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Calvin on the Unity and Distinction of the Trinity

"The Scriptures demonstrate that there is some distinction between the Father and the Word, the Word and the Spirit; but the magnitude ...