Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Favorite Quote of the Year on Joel Osteen

Usually my blog is reserved for my personal growth and experiences with God through the ministry he has called me to here in Emery, SD.  But tonight I had to post this short entry.

Last night, while sitting and playing my XBox 360 (yes, and I'm proud that I own one) my wife was checking her email.  Suddenly she spoke with so much authority that it immediately caught my attention.  She noticed that Joel Osteen has a new book out and it is already on the New York Times Best Seller List.  (No surprise with that one.)  She began to quote the title of the book, "It's Your Time: Activate Your Faith, Achieve Your Dreams, and Increase in God's Favor."  Funny how we are mentioned first, second, and God is relegated to third in that title.  Any way, immediately after quoting the title she said, "That guy is SO not going to heaven."

Enough said, honey.  Enough said.  Definitely my favorite quote of the year.

1 comment:

John Calvin on the Unity and Distinction of the Trinity

"The Scriptures demonstrate that there is some distinction between the Father and the Word, the Word and the Spirit; but the magnitude ...