Friday, June 26, 2015

Preach the Word


In college I was the backup to one of the best offensive linemen in our conference.  This meant that I was seldom given the opportunity to play in a game.  Yet, I had to prepare for each game with the same intensity as if I was starting.  Because of the violent nature of football the chances of injury were always great meaning that if the man I was backing up was hurt in the middle of a game I was called upon to take his place.  It could be a disaster if I wasn’t prepared at every moment to fulfill what I was called upon to perform.

The gospel message is so powerful and important that every disciple of Christ should be prepared to speak the gospel at any moment’s notice.  In 2 Timothy 4:1-5 the apostle Paul again stresses the power and importance of the gospel message and the reason for being prepared to speak the life-changing Word of God.

Join us this week at ElmCreek Community Church as we look to God’s Word for encouragement and conviction, heading and striving to live out His life-giving Word.  May we be prayerfully prepared to experience His Truth and leave willing to preach the Word whenever and wherever God calls.

Striving to know Christ and make him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Calvin on the Unity and Distinction of the Trinity

"The Scriptures demonstrate that there is some distinction between the Father and the Word, the Word and the Spirit; but the magnitude ...