Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Abundance of Blessing in Christ

Ephesians 1:3 (ESV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.

When was the last time you sat and praised God for His blessings in your life?  In just the past twenty-four hours God has stirred my heart to recognize the many blessings He has given me that I all too often fail to recognize.  I have a beautiful, wonderful, loving, and caring wife that is more forgiving than I give her credit for.  After a few years of trying to have a baby now we have two.  My son doesn't stop talking from the moment he gets up to the time he goes to bed.  But his laughter, curiosity, and constant energy lift me up when I need it most.  I have a beautiful daughter who's smile and gorgeous eyes melt your heart every time.  There's nothing better than to hear your daughter run to the door to great you when you come home from work.  I am the pastor of a wonderful church of caring and loving people who truly desire to live for God.  It's not perfect (no church is) but God is doing a mighty work in the lives of people all around me. 

Finally, and the most important, God has blessed me with eternal life.  What a blessing to know that despite myself God has saved me.  The Son of God has redeemed me from my sins.   The Holy Spirit is at work within me to sanctify my and help me live like Christ.  This blessing is above any gift that God can give.  What a joy to know that I will be with Him forever in Glory.

We should remember to bless God for His blessings upon us.  They are undeserved and God should be praised for them.

I'll end with a quote from TableTalk by Ligoner Ministries.
There are many reasons why God deserves our praise, but in Ephesians 1:3 the apostle tells us that our Father should be praised for sharing the abundance of His goodness with us - for bestowing upon us spiritual blessings.
Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Calvin on the Unity and Distinction of the Trinity

"The Scriptures demonstrate that there is some distinction between the Father and the Word, the Word and the Spirit; but the magnitude ...