Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Too Busy Not To Pray

2 Corinthians 3:18 (ESV)
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.


The Christian life is a process. I don't think anyone would disagree with me on that aspect. Anyone who is alive realizes that who they were in Christ one, ten, twenty, or even fifty years ago is the not who they are in Christ today. As believers in Christ as Messiah we should always be growing in our faith. This means at least taking time out of our day to read Scripture, pray, or even fellowship with other believers and with God.

Now, I will be the first to tell you all that I don't always follow my own advice. There are days that I don't want to read Scripture or pray because I have too much to do. Or as a fellow pastor told me yesterday, "We're too busy not to pray." Yes, that's a Bill Hybels book title. But he is so right. Is my life really so busy that I cannot spend even thirty minutes with my Savior? He is the one who created me and saved me, you know.

But many of us in the Church (universal church and local church) don't miss a beat when we ignore God the entire day or week. But if we were to miss a meeting with the leadership of the church it would be a disaster. Or if we miss a meeting with a client then the stress level raises. Or if the crops didn't get harvested until a week later then frustration sets in. But why do we not feel such urgency with our relationship with God? Is it a spiritual maturity issue? Is it a priority issue?

2 Corinthians 3:18 tells us that it is God who does the transforming of our lives. When I yield to Christ then He begins to put my priorities in place. So, what does this reveal bout my own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Calvin on the Unity and Distinction of the Trinity

"The Scriptures demonstrate that there is some distinction between the Father and the Word, the Word and the Spirit; but the magnitude ...